Me In A Nutshell
I'm a 26-year-old Christian homeschool graduate from Oklahoma, USA. I thoroughly enjoy reading, writing, and photography.
I hope you enjoy my blog! :)
- Follow Expressions Of Me on WordPress.com
Search My Blog
Check Out My Photo Blog!
Photos By Aerykah
Grab My Blog Button!
Find Me On…..
GOODREADSby Jane AustenMarch 2016 UPDATE: Read count up to 5 now. ;) This time around, I listened to the audiobook (Blackstone Audio - Narrated by: Carolyn Seymour) and thoroughly loved it!! :D I couldn't have asked for a better narrator! So if you're looking...Another book to add to my favorites. :) There's a good reason that Lynette Eason made it onto my favorite authors list so quickly. She's a wonderfully talented suspense author who makes me want to read her books all the way through in o...by Melissa TaggWow. What a pleasant surprise! I mean, I did expect an enjoyable read -- this is one of Melissa Tagg's books, after all! ;) -- but I was still taken by surprise by how much I really enjoyed this book! If you know me well, you know that I...
INSTAGRAM - Bookish Pics
INSTAGRAM - Photography
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Blogs I Follow
- Photography Art Plus
- Faithfully Bookish: connecting & encouraging
- Smudged Thoughts
- A Whisper Of Ink
- Pepper D Basham
- A Gathering of Dreams
- Kristy Cambron
- Laura Lecce's art and photography
- Front and Center
- Thoughts of a Cynically Optimistic Realist
- Read to Your Heart's Content
- greenish bookshelf
- Baker Kella
- Literature Approved
- inklings press
- When Timber Makes One Still
- Ladies in Defiance
- JoJo's Corner
Posts I Like
My friend sent this to me a few weeks ago. I had fun answering it and thought I’d share it on my blog.
– Name: Aerykah
– Birth date: 11-7-90
– Where do you live?: Oklahoma!
– Eye Color: Hazel
– Hair Color: Red-ish brown
– Have you graduated high school? If so, what school & what year?: Yes — Home School & 2009
– Favorite Summer Memory(s): Going to church camp every year! And spending hours & HOURS with my friends every summer (esp. in the pool!)
– What’s on your mousepad?: Um… I’m kinda using my lap as the mouse pad right now…
– In the car — AC or Open Windows: Open windows!!
– Favorite Game(s): Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit, CLUE, UNO, Rummikub, You Just Became A Millionaire
– Favorite Drink(s): Iced Sweet Tea & Milk!
– Favorite Food(s): Steak! Honestly, I don’t really have a favorite… but steak is pretty great!
– Favorite Color(s): Green (pretty much any shade), Red (esp. dark!), Blue
– Favorite Sound(s): Thunder, Rain, Laughter (esp. babies & little kids), Good Music, Awesome Accents!!
– Favorite Smell(s): This is gonna sound weird, but… Machine Shop (growing up, I was a major daddy’s girl! he used to work in a machine shop [still does sometimes] so that was the smell I always associated with my dad). Others — Flowers, Old Books, Rain, Nice Cologne, Babies.
– Worst feeling in the world: Maybe… seeing someone suffer (esp. someone you love) and not being able to do anything to help or make it better somehow.
– Best feeling in the world: Being at peace. Knowing you’re loved.
– Favorite thing to do on a weekend: Read, Hang out with friends and/or family
– Favorite soundtrack(s): “Phantom of the Opera“, “Master and Commander“, “The Lord of the Rings Trilogy“
– First thought in the morning: “I really need to get up…” or “Man, I stayed up WAY too late last night!”
– Do you get motion sickness?: Nope
– How many rings before you answer the phone?: Depends on who’s calling, if I know them, if I want to talk to them, if I’m trying to hand the phone off to someone else, if I’m trying to think of something to say to that person…
– Boy Names: Viktor, James, Tristan, Jackson, Dominic, Brandt, Adrian……
– Girl Names: Elizabeth, Sara, Julianna/Julia, Danika, Liberty……
– Are you a good friend?: I think so, hope so, & try to be.
– Cake — Chocolate or Vanilla: Depends on the icing… I’m not really a big cake lover…
– Thunderstorms — Awesome or Scary: Awesome!
– If you could dye your hair one color, what would it be: Well, mine is dyed already… 😉 Would like it to be more red, though. Or black. I’ve been considering black.
– Favorite brand of gum: Whichever I can get that has a good cinnamon flavor.
– What is your favorite quote: “Peace. It does not mean being in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or heartache. It means being in the midst of those things and still being calm in your heart.”
– What’s on your walls in your room: LOTS of photos! Mostly ones I had printed for the county fair…
– Is the glass half-empty or half-full?: I always thought that was a silly question. I’ll say it depends on what’s in the glass. lol!
– Pick a song that describes yourself or that you can relate to: Um… I’ve tried to answer that question before & never came up with an answer. I even asked my brothers what song they would pick for me. Let’s just say that wasn’t a great idea.
– Doritos — Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese: Nacho Cheese!
– Favorite Juice(s): It’s hard to choose between Cherry & Apple — I love them both!
– Favorite Soda(s): Cream Soda & Dr. Pepper
– Are you a right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous: I’m right-handed.
– Do you type with your fingers on the right keys: Yep! Unless one of my hands is otherwise occupied or injured.
– When you meet a person of the opposite sex, you notice their: Honestly? His eyes, His smile (or lack of smile), How he carries himself & how he treats/relates to others.
– If you could be one gardening tool, which one would it be?: I think I’m gonna have to go with Sprinkler! They’re just so much fun!
– If you were a pair of shoes, what kind of shoes would you want to be?: Never really thought about being a pair of shoes, but okay… Tall, heeled boot or Dressy healed sandals
– What’s the best number in the world?: Seven!!
– What is your dream car?: 1970 Chevelle SS — Gray with white or black racing stripes. Something like THIS. *sigh*
– Nickname(s): J-J (only 1 of my brothers calls me that), Aery, & whatever pet name my dad decides to call me (usually Sugar or something like that)
– Have you ever been convicted of a crime: Nope.
– Pillows — One or Two: Sometimes, none. Other times, several. Just depends…
– Pet(s): One cat named Stormy.
– Favorite Movie(s): Way too many to name them all!! I’d be here ALL DAY!! — Pride & Prejudice (1995), Arsenic and Old Lace, The Thin Man movies, The Avengers, RED, The Inheritance, Cinderella Man, Alfred Hitchcock‘s movies……
– Favorite type(s) of music: Christian, Country, Jazz, Pop
– Hobbies: Reading, Photography, Music, Writing… Some I need to get back into — Biking,
– Do you get along with your parents?: Not as much as most people think…
– Favorite song(s) at the moment: “Worn” by Tenth Avenue North, “You Had Me From Hello” by Kenny Chesney, “I Can Love You Like That” by Boys2Men, “A Woman Like You” by Lee Brice, “Love Like Crazy” by Lee Brice, “Hard To Love” by Lee Brice…… “Big Ol’ Sweet Iced Tea” by Anita Renfroe
– Favorite subject in school: It’s a tie between History & Literature
– Least favorite subject in school: Algerbra (2nd place — English Grammar)
– Craziest or Silliest Person You Know: My brothers! Oh, and there’s this friend I have named Tony… lol!