* * * The Rules * * *
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
* * * 11 Facts About Me * * *
1. I have read over 70 books so far this year.
2. I am a night owl. I’d rather stay up all night than get up before 7:00am.
3. I love sunrises! Kind of an odd thing to say after that last one, eh? 😉 But it’s true… sunrises can be so lovely & it’s just such a lovely time of day!
4. I love photography! Check out my photo blog Photos By Aerykah
5. Though I do love to type, I would much rather hand write things.
6. I am an introvert.
7. I usually don’t read the reviews before I read a book. Sometimes, I don’t even read the book blurb.
8. I will be 24 this fall. Though, according to what most people guess my age to be, I I’ve been 17 for about 10 years now. 😉
9. I have a pretty strong tendency towards sarcasm. Some people don’t believe me about that, though, until they’ve known me for a while.
10. I dream of traveling. Until I get to, though, I will continue to travel the world through fiction. 🙂
11. I don’t really like to cook. Baking is okay… sometimes fun, but I rarely enjoy cooking of any kind.
* * * Melanie’s Questions * * *
1. What’s the last book you bought? — I bought a few books this past weekend…
2. What’s the last movie you watched? —
3. What’s your all-time favorite book cover? —
Um… since (according to my Goodreads bookshelf) I’ve read over 1,200 books, I don’t think I can answer that. 😉
4. What’s your favorite summer activity, besides reading? 😉 —
I think it’s a tie between swimming & bike riding. I also really love just walking down the road, taking pictures & picking the sand plums that grow along the side of the road.
5. What is one of the worst/most-boring movies you’ve seen? —
I haven’t seen it in quite a while, but I remember that I razzed my brother for months for talking me into watching that movie with him!
6. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would you choose? —
Scotland! I’ve always dreamed of going there… 🙂
7. Sneakers or sandals? —
Do flip-flops count as sandals? I don’t think I’d survive without my flip-flops! lol!
8. The beach or the pool? —
For scenery, the beach… for swimming, the pool.
9. What’s the last book that made you cry or laugh-out-loud? —
10. What’s your favorite candle scent? —
I’m not much of a candle person… I do like some of the cinnamon scents, though.
11. Do you have a favorite B&W movie? —
I like b&w movies so much that it’s hard to pick a favorite. I think my top picks, though, would be… and
* * * Michelle’s Questions * * *
1. What’s your favorite book genre? —
Historical Fiction, best when mixed with Romance & Mystery. 😉
2. What’s your favorite time of year and why? —
Summer, definitely! Warm weather (hot, actually), wildflowers, swimming, & getting to just enjoy being outside in the sunshine.
3. What made you want to start blogging? —
I honestly don’t remember.
4. Favorite time to read? —
When my eyes are open..? 😉
5. How do you find out about new books? —
Mostly via friends & Goodreads.
6. Beach, mountains, or in between? —
Mountains! Especially in the fall.
7. What is the best movie you’ve seen lately? —
8. Do you mark (highlight/underline) things in your books such as a good quote? —
Not usually, but you should see my paperback copy of Pride & Prejudice! 😉
9. Predictable books or more mysterious? —
More mysterious. Though I read plenty of predictable books too. 😉
10. What is your favorite snack? —
Don’t really have a favorite… it just depends on what sounds good at a certain time. Some favorite are— Candy: Snickers, Skittles, or M&M’s… Other: Cheese/Peanut Butter crackers, Grapes, Apple with Peanut Butter, Chips, etc.
11. What is your favorite book of the year so far? —
It’s nearly impossible for me to choose a favorite book! These are definitely at the top of my list…
* * * My 11 Questions * * *
1. Who is your favorite author(s)?
2. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past month?
3. What’s the best movie you’ve seen lately?
4. Do you have a favorite place to read? If so, where?
5. What’s your favorite time of day?
6. Do you like to travel?
7. What’s one place you’ve read about that you would enjoy visiting?
8. Do you play an instrument?
9. What’s your favorite summer activity?
10. Do you prefer paper books or e-books?
11. What’s your favorite season & why?
* * * Blogs I’m Tagging * * *
(you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to—no pressure!)
1. Alice @Reading With Alice
2. Sophie @Laughing With Lizzie
3. Eli @Eli’s Novel Reviews
4. Grace @Onto Her Bookshelf
5. Cassie @Bookshelves and Windows
6. Virgina @A-Blog-From-The-Heart
7. Dana @Stranger than Fiction
8. Leah @Must Love Books
9. Tressa @Wishful Endings
10. Tami @Pages and Threads
11. Vera @Chat With Vera