So I just found out that this is National Library Week….. Wish I’d known about that sooner. 😐
Anyway, I thought that, in honor of National Library Week, I’d re-share something I posted a couple of years ago. And also share some pics from my library– some taken inside the library & some of book/movie hauls I’ve gotten from the library sale room. 🙂
See photo #1 😉 –>
I love my library!!!
I mean, I know that took y’all completely by surprise.
Really, though, there are certain things that I especially love about my library. So, in my normal form of lists of sevens, here are…
❤ 7 Things I Love About My Library ❤
1. This is the library that I’ve gone to my entire life— the library that my
parents went to when they were kids. Sure, the librarians have changed over the years… and they have changed buildings a couple of times to make room for more books and such, but it’s still the same library. And there is one librarian who still works there who has known me almost my entire life!
2. The librarians (other than the one or two odd balls they’ve had — come on, every place has them! 😛 ) are really great! They’re friendly and helpful and most know me by name. One of them, my siblings and I have nicknamed Bertram. What can I say? That’s who he’s made all of us think of since the first time we met him! So many times, I’ve wanted to ask him if he’s ever seen Jessie… but I haven’t yet.
3. My library is FREE! I’ve had people ask me how much it costs to use my library and then be pleasantly surprised that it doesn’t cost a thing! Unless you bring items back late…
4. My library has a great selection of Christian fiction! Yes, that’s the section I visit most often — my little home-away-from-home. 😉 I am so familiar with that area that I’ve gotten to where I can do a quick browse of the shelves and see if they’ve added any books since my last visit. If you visit my library shelf on Goodreads, you might notice that there are over 600 books on that shelf! That’s over 1/3 of the books I’ve read! (Update: there are over 700 books on that shelf now!) Awesome, right?! 😀 Though several of those are e-books, which brings me to #5…
5. My library also offers a great selection of Christian fiction e-books! (And quite a few CF audio books too!) What more could a kindle-owning-bookworm ask for?! I can browse their e-books and check them out even when I’m on vacation! 😀
6. My library has a great selection of DVD’s, too! We borrow movies from the library all the time! Unfortunately, while you can keep books for 2 weeks & sometimes re-check them, movies are only 1-week loans with no re-checks. Bummer, right? But I can totally live with that. 😉 They have movies for little kids, teens, adults… even some documentaries and such. And they’re good about getting new movies soon after they’re released on DVD. Awesome!
7. My library has a great book sale area! I’ve heard people talk about their library having a Friends Of The Library book sale shelf or shelves… Yes, my library definitely has those— in a couple different places around the building. But they also have an entire book sale room! There are about 6 shelves in this room as well as a couple of spin-racks… and a rolling shelf. I have taken home so many treasures from this room. Treasures like a lovely hardback copy of Rose O’ the Sea by Countess Barcynska, published back in 1920! And like this Lord of the Rings box-set. These are hardback books in great condition… with book jackets… and totally awesome fold-out maps of Middle Earth! And guess how much I paid for it— Two Whole Dollars! Can you say fabulous find?!
Pingback: National Library Week | Photos By Aerykah
I loved this post!! 😀 Your library is on my bucket list! 😛 I didn’t know people had to pay to use their libraries though; I don’t have to pay for mine either. I enjoyed this so!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Why, thank you! XD hehe! Yes, you definitely need to visit. 😉
Unfortunately, yes, some people do have to pay for library membership… 😦 I’m so glad our library isn’t that way, though! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
I got a library card when I was little as soon as I could! 😀 Libraries can be a real blessing. 🙂 And they should definitely – most definitely – be free. That’s like one of the main reasons for the establishment of a library since books are expensive and then everyone has a chance to read…for free. Your library sounds awesome, Aery! 🙂 I would LOVE to check out the book sale room! 😀 I’ve always adored books sales. 😀 We actually have several libraries around here and some of the librarians are nice and helpful. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did too, Chaya! My family always went to this library and I think they let kids get a card when they turn 6 so I’ve probably had a card for about 20 years now! 😯 (I hadn’t thought of that… 😛 )
Well, I suppose a monthly membership fee is still cheaper than buying books, but I’m glad my library doesn’t charge one! 😉
It is! It really is! 😀 I may have to share a pic of the sale room sometime. Thinking of which… I just got a huge deal there today! XD